We hit the mark with this recipe! It lives up to its name “Freaking Amazing White Chicken Fiesta.” It is get in your belly, warm my soul hug in a bowl delicious.
We soaked Kidney Beans and Black Beans overnight. This was the way to go. The taste comparison from dried beans and canned beans really stood out. The dried beans held their form and had a different fresher taste.
Note: If you are in a hurry you can use canned beans.Jump to Recipe
You can decide how you want to cook your chicken. We cooked ours in our Ninja Air Fryer. 190 degrees for 26 minutes of cooking time. Turn the chicken after 13 minutes. Let cool and remove from bones and shred.
Turn your Slow Cooker on high, and add chicken broth, drained black beans, and kidney beans simmer for 1 hour. Add drained canned corn, undrained canned diced tomatoes and green chili, chicken, onion, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, ranch seasoning dry mix. You can purchase pre-made chicken broth or for a bolder flavor, I like to use a chicken-flavored base mixed into hot water. Turn down to low and continue cooking for 3 hours.
Just two hours to go!
With a ladle take three cups of juice from the crockpot add it to a saucepan and add one cup of sour cream and one 4oz package of cream cheese. Cook on medium heat. The mixture will be thick use a whisk and stir occasionally. Whisk until smooth, and add back into the crockpot. Slow cook for two more hours.
Your White Chicken Chili Fiesta is Ready to Serve and Enjoy!
We like to add a little kick to ours with Jalapeño corn chips, shredded cheddar cheese on the bottom of the bowl. Spoon Chili over the top and add fresh onions, shredded cheddar, and a few more chips on top. Serve and Enjoy!
Pin It For Later
White Chicken Fiesta
- Ninja Air Fryer
- 1 Pound Kidney Beans Dried
- 1 Pound Black Beans Dried
- 4 Large Chicken Breasts or 5 Chicken thighs
- 10 Ounce Corn Canned
- 3 TBSP Dried Ranch Seasoning
- 1 TSP Chili Powder
- 1 TSP Dried Minced Onion
- 1 TSP Cumin
- 1 TSP Black Pepper
- 1 TSP Chili Powder
- 8 TBS Chicken Base
- 8 Cups Water
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chili Rotel
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 4 Ounce Cream Cheese Softened
- Rinse Beans and Soak on Counter Over Night
- Warm water and mix in chicken base until dissolved.
- Turn Crock-Pot on to high
- Add chicken stock, chili powder, black pepper, cumin, dried minced onions, and ranch seasoning mix to Crock-Pot.
- Let Simmer for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Drain Corn and add to crock pot.
- Drain and Rinse Black Beans and Kidney Beans add to Crock-Pot.
- Add can of diced tomatoes and green chili (Do not drain).
- When it starts to boil turn heat down to low on Crock-Pot.
- Cook For 3 Hours.
- With 1 hour cooking time left use a ladle to take 4 cups of juice out of crock pot and add to a medium size sauce pan.
- On Medium Heat add softened Cream Cheese and sour cream to the sauce pan. Whisk constantly until mixture is smooth and all of the lumps are gone.
- Pour mixture into the crock pot and turn heat up to high for 1 hour.
- Optional: Add Jalapeño corn chips, and cheddar cheese to the bottom of a bowl. Ladle the White Chicken Fiesta into bowl. Top it off with a few more chips, freshly cut onion and a bit more cheese.
- Serve and Enjoy!